Wednesday, July 16, 2008

G.I haircut

G.I. HAIRCUT(Unknown)Spike Jones & his City Slickers - 1943Gee, I got a GI haircutGee, it's not a pretty haircutI am such an awful sad guy since I cut my hairGee, I got a GI haircutAnd I wouldn't care butNo more girls give me the glad eyeWith my head so bare.Army barbers sure are wizardsUp and down they go with scissorsSoon your hair is on the floorAnd "Boom" brother, there ain't no moreWhen I told him how I want itTrimmed a bit with hair oil on itNineteen yard birds held me thereAnd Gee I got a GI haircut.(Johnny got a haircut, haircut, haircut,Johnny got a haircut just like mine)I dream of Johnny but his light brown hairSeems to be lying `neath an army barber's chair.No more side burns, they're too fancyNothin' quite so fancy pantsySays his stuff is what it's calledAnd "Boom" brother, they leave you baldI was sure it wouldn't happenBut the barber caught me nappin'When I climbed into his chairAnd Gee, I got a GI haircut.(Clipper sounds)(NEXT)(Contributed/Transcribed by Bill Huntley - October 2005

No comments: